You are here
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions without the written permission of the Firm. The Firm neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Firm.
- While the Firm uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Firm assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- The Firm assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, the Firm. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Firm and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Firm or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
- The Firm has not reviewed all of the websites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-Site pages or any other websites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-Site pages or other websites is at your own risk.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, unless you are a client of the Firm, in which case normal attorney-client confidentiality rules will apply. The Firm or its affiliates may use anything you transmit or post for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, the Firm is free to use any information contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Firm and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. The Firm reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with the Firm's defense of such claim.
- The Site is controlled and operated by the Firm. The Firm makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the State of California. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Firm, is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not collect personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us or you choose a service on this site where gathering personal information is necessary to deliver the specific services. The Firm does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
No Legal Services or Attorney Client Relationship
The materials found in this site are for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. The contents of this site should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on specific facts or circumstances nor a solicitation of legal business. Transmission of information from this site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional advice. This site must not be used as a substitute for the counsel and services that you may require from an attorney authorized to practice law in you jurisdiction.
To the extent the State Bar Rules in your jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for this website, the Firm designates its primary office in Santa Ana, California as its principal office and designates Ruben Smith as the attorney responsible for this website.
Attorney Profiles and Representative Matters
Any results highlighted in attorney profiles were highly dependent on the facts and circumstances of the particular matters. The facts and circumstances of these matters are likely different than those in your matter, and results will differ greatly if based on different facts. This in no way constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrightable text and graphics, the selection, arrangement, and presentation of all materials and the overall design of this web site are copyright © 2011, AlvaradoSmith APC. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to download and print materials from this web site for the purpose of viewing, reading, and retaining for informational reference. Any other copying, distribution, display, retransmission, or modification of information or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the express prior written permission of the Firm is strictly prohibited.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512, the Firm has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact the Firm's agent, Thomas A. Zeigler, Esq., at AlvaradoSmith, APC, 1 MacArthur Place, Suite 200, Santa Ana, California 92707; (714) 852-6800 (phone); (714) 852-6899 (fax); email@example.com.
No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Information provided on this Site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The Firm periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this site without notice. The Firm makes no claims, promises or guaranties about the absolute accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the content of this Site and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the content. Your use of this Site is at your own risk. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall the Firm, its suppliers, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, contractors, or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Site's contents be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising from your access to, or use of, this Site. You assume all risk for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from use of, or obtaining any content from, this Site, including without limitation any damages resulting from computer virus.